To apply for these positions, please download the PDF application and complete the Americorps Application noted at the end of each listing.
Click Here To Apply!
NOTE: Deadlines for this position is February 20th, 2015 or until a suitable candidate can be identified.
Arkansas Energy Corps
Springdale School District, Springdale, AR
Springdale School District identifies the need to include teachers, students, families, and community members in the process of auditing, analyzing and improving practices regarding energy use and waste reduction in the school district and in their homes. The goals are to increase knowledge through hands-on experience, incorporate environmental technology into curriculum areas such as math and science, and to improve energy and waste related practices within the school district and in homes.
- Educate students, staff and families about energy use, recycling, waste reduction, biofuels, and optimizing engagement in active transportation
- Lead energy and waste audits, assist students in analyzing the results and take necessary actions to establish improvement
- Make presentations into videos to be used as family tutorials and to be placed on school and district websites and be provided to the City of Springdale for use on their website.
- Provide hands-on energy assistance and energy education outreach
- Engage in energy and waste audits of schools in the district with the students
- Lead students in "audit to action" plans both for home and school
- Help students and classes learn the effects of built environment on active transportation and understand the health and community-based benefits and rewards of walking, running, and biking to school;
Term of service: March 17, 2015 to September 15, 2015
Anticipated service schedule: 900 hours over course of service term. Roughly 40 Hours per week. Occasional evening/weekend hours may be necessary.
For more information about these opportunities, what we do and where we are, please contact: Kaleena Miller, Energy Corps Coordinator, National Center for Appropriate Technology (NCAT), (406) 533-6651, firstname.lastname@example.org
Completed applications may be emailed to email@example.com
or sent to:
NCAT Human Resource Specialist
P.O. Box 3838
Butte, MT 59702
NOTE: Deadline for applying to any of the following positions is September 7, 2014